How to Become a Personal Trainer – The Ultimate Guide by Power Academy
December 16, 2021
You won’t be wrong for thinking that personal training is one of the most exciting and satisfying careers out there. You basically get handsomely rewarded for helping people become the best versions of themselves. That said, if you are a fitness enthusiast and you have a passion for helping others, then you should turn what you love into a career. Already wondering how to become a personal trainer? Good for you!
But before getting into the heart of the subject, let’s take a look at a few reasons to become a personal trainer, especially if you are still sitting on the fence.
Why You Should Become a Personal Trainer
- Personal training is emotionally rewarding. Enjoy the satisfaction of constantly putting a smile on people’s faces as you help them reach their fitness goals.
- At the end of the day/week/month, you would still love to receive a good paycheck. The good news is that personal training is a lucrative career. Your income will increase as your experience grows.
- The demand for personal trainers is high, and it is still increasing. This means you won’t be struggling to get a job.
- Get the opportunity to work anywhere and anytime. You could choose to work for gyms/fitness centres, for corporations, work from a park and even offer your personal training services online.
- Becoming a personal trainer also means that you will be improving your own health and fitness.
How to Become a Personal Trainer
Let’s get in straight to the core of the subject, how to become a personal trainer?
Choose The Right Course Provider
The increasing demand for personal training services in the UK also implies that there is a significant number of personal training course providers to choose from. In order to ensure you have a successful personal training career, you will need to choose a course provider with experience, with your journey as their focal point, and one offering a wide variety of certifications and training options. Make sure you also check if they are accredited.
At Power Academy all our courses are accredited by The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), both widely respected governing bodies.
Choose The Right Course
In order to be a qualified personal trainer in the UK, you will need to have the Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing (as a starting point) and the Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing Personal Training to become a fully qualified personal trainer. There are no entry requirements for the former, but you will need the Level 2 Gym Instructor certification to get the Level 3 Diploma. Note that there are some fitness providers that give you the opportunity to go all-in, that is, become a fully qualified personal trainer with the combined Level 2 and Level 3 Diplomas.
Identify The Right Career Path For You
As mentioned above, one of the benefits of becoming a personal trainer is that you get the opportunity to choose where you work. You could choose to start working for a gym to get some experience and sharpen your skills. This will also help you to grow your client list which will prepare you for a solo career. From here, you could choose to offer tailor-made personal training services online or choose specific locations for your sessions.
As you may not know, one of the many benefits of studying with us is that we have amassed a group of affiliations with national gym brands, such as David Lloyd and Pure Gym. So we guarantee our clients post-course interviews with these leading gym brands.
Join our personal training graduates working with some of the world’s leading gyms, health clubs and PT management companies.
Why Choose Power Academy
Now that you know how to become a personal trainer, you are probably brainstorming on the fitness course provider to choose. Think no further, Power Academy is here to meet your needs.
Why choose us?
- Because we provide post-course interviewing with some of the best gyms in the country.
- We prepare you for your interviews and equip you with the skills required to start your own business.
- All our facilities are on the same site.
- We provide online classes that will allow you to get certified from the comfort of your home and at your own pace.
- Our online Tutors and Mentors have a wealth of experience in the fitness industry and are available for invaluable additional support whenever you need them.
Start your journey today with Power Academy. Get in touch with us for more information.
Your Journey, Our Mission.